- Complete NASA policy [PDF]
- Applicable content: All peer‐reviewed scientific research publications authored or coauthored by investigators funded for this research by NASA‐appropriated funds.
- Article version to submit: Final, peer-reviewed manuscript* (or publisher version, with permission)
- Designated repository: NIH PubMed Central. NIH will provide a NASA-branded portal to the full PMC system.
- Research data:
- Data management plan required.**
- The data that underlies results/findings in peer-reviewed publications must be digitally accessible at the time of publication or within a reasonable time period (left to the authors, as long as it’s stated in DMP) after publication. This includes data (or how to access data) that are displayed in charts and figures.
- Anticipated implementation date: Applies to awards made on or after January 1, 2015.
- None at this time.
* The “final, peer-reviewed manuscript” is the version that includes all modifications resulting from the peer review process, but before the publisher formats or copy edits the manuscript.