- Complete DoD policy [PDF]
- Applicable content: Agency-funded, peer-reviewed publications arising from unclassified, publicly releasable research
- Article version to submit: Final, peer-reviewed manuscript* (or publisher copy, with permission)
- Designated repository: DOD Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC); articles are made publicly available through DoD Public Access Search.
- Research data:
- Data management plan required.**
- Data underlying the conclusions of peer-reviewed articles will be made freely available at the time of initial publication
- Goal for data is to implement a decentralized approach for storing data in public repositories, with a centralized data catalog/locator at DTIC to consolidate the metadata for compliance, measurement, and discovery.
- Anticipated implementation date: 2016
- Guidelines for submitting material to DTIC
- Guidance on Submitting PDF Documents to DTIC
- Submitting FAQs
* The “final, peer-reviewed manuscript” is the version that includes all modifications resulting from the peer review process, but before the publisher formats or copy edits the manuscript.