Increasingly, funding agencies are requiring that the results of the research they fund (generally, publications and research data) be made publicly accessible. Support is available for Rice researchers in meeting these requirements. Read more…
Public access policies of top Rice University funders
The list below includes the top funders of research at Rice University. Even if your funder is not listed, the public access compliance team is available to help all researchers address public access requirements, regardless of their source of funding.
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Defense (DoD)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Regardless of your funder, there are several steps you and your research team can make now to be better prepared for future requirements. Read more…
For information on all federal funding agencies’ requirements, see SPARC’s “Article and Data Sharing Requirements by Federal Agency.”
This website is adapted, with permission, from Cornell University’s Public Access Policies for Publications.